The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recently announced that it is investigating negative health effects, including possible deaths, associated with 5-Hour Energy Shots.
The FDA was prompted by increasing evidence that 5-Hour Energy Shots are dangerous. The product has been linked to 13 deaths and 33 hospitalizations since 2009.
The news comes on the heels of earlier reports that the FDA is probing five deaths of people who drank Monster Energy drinks.
The energy drink market is also under increasing pressure from Congress as a growing number of lawmakers are pushing the FDA to place tighter controls over the industry, including limiting the amount of caffeine used.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injury or death after consuming high-energy drinks, you should contact the leading lawyers at Ross Feller Casey for a free consultation regarding a potential lawsuit in Pennsylvania, New Jersey or elsewhere.
Ross Feller Casey has built a nationally recognized reputation for winning record-setting results for their catastrophically injured clients. Attorneys of the Philadelphia-based firm have successfully litigated a long list of product related cases including:
• $19.2 million recovery for a child born with a club foot as a result of an anti-nausea drug his mother took.
• $10 million recovery in Pennsylvania for the family of a child killed by a collapsing cafeteria table.
• $9.35 million for a woman who was paralyzed after undergoing steroid injections for back pain.
• $8 million recovery for a factory worker injured in a workplace accident.
• $8 million recovery for an ironworker injured in a workplace accident.
• $7 million recovery for a wrongful death caused by defective auto product in New Jersey.
• $4 million recovery for a factory worker whose arm was injured in a defective machine.
In all, our attorneys have recovered more than three-quarters of a billion dollars for seriously injured clients in cases involving medical malpractice, workplace injury, brain and spinal cord injury, birth injury, failure to diagnose cancer, product liability, premises liability and catastrophic automobile litigation.
Disclaimer: Ross Feller Casey, LLP provides legal advice only after an attorney-client relationship is formed. Our website is an introduction to the firm and does not create a relationship between our attorneys and clients. An attorney-client relationship is formed only after a written agreement is signed by the client and the firm. Because every case is unique, the description of awards and summary of cases successfully handled are not intended to imply or guarantee that same success in other cases. Ross Feller Casey, LLP represents catastrophically injured persons and their families in injury and wrongful death cases, providing legal representation in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.