A Maryland lawyer is making a name for himself -- "The Bedbug Attorney."
So far, Daniel Whitney has filed eight lawsuits on behalf of bedbug victims across Maryland. He is seeking a total of $7 million with claims ranging from $100,000 to $3.55 million, according to The Washington Post.
Most of the suits are against building owners who he claims are negligent in dealing with infestations.
He's preparing to file at least five more suits. And he's getting so inundated with calls from potential client that he told The Post he is considering taking his phone number off his firm's website.
Some, however, are calling Whitney a human parasite in pinstripes.
"I'm very aware of the derogatory comments people make about me being a bloodsucker seeking large sums of money," Whitney said. "It's nonsense. These people need help."
Attorneys at Ross Feller Casey, LLP have built a nationally recognized reputation for their impressive track record of victories in personal injury cases.
Noteworthy examples include:
• $85 million for a man who fractured his spine after falling through an open manhole
• $51 million verdict for a 4-year-old boy whose foot was torn off in a SEPTA escalator
• $36.4 million recovery for the family of a man killed in a Delaware oil refinery explosion
• $30 million recovery for a 10-year-old girl paralyzed by a defectively designed lap belt
• $29.5 million recovery in the Pier 34 collapse case
• $22.9 million recovery in a spinal cord injury case
• $22 million medical malpractice verdict for a brain injury during child birth
• $20.8 million verdict for an amputation injury
• $18.4 million verdict for a child who suffered a stroke
• $13 million recovery for a man who suffered a brain injury in a truck accident
To learn more, click Firm Overview