Ross Feller Casey is recognized as the preeminent catastrophic injury law firm in Pennsylvania and New Jersey – a position that was solidified by a remarkable record of legal successes over the past two years. In that period, the firm recovered over $400 million for its individual clients, including numerous seven-and eight-figure recoveries in wrongful death lawsuits.
An estimated 121,000 people die each year across America as a result of preventable accidents, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Death, legally referred to as "wrongful death," is the term used in a civil case for death brought about by another's negligence.
Wrongful death lawsuits are filed by the surviving family, which is the immediate family, such as a spouse, children, parents or siblings.
What kinds of wrongful death cases can a lawyer help with?
- Drowning such as when a young girl died at a swimming facility.
- Product liability like the time a child was killed by a collapsing table.
- Premises liability when a child drowns in a hotel swimming pool.
- Automobile litigation when a trucker dies in an accident.
- Medical malpractice like the time a woman died after a routine fertility procedure.
- Workplace injuries such as the time a man was killed by a water tank explosion.
A successful wrongful death can give family members a means to pay for accumulated healthcare expenses and debt while, in many cases, providing a sense of justice.
Some of the noteworthy wrongful death lawsuits litigated by Ross Feller Casey attorneys include:
- $36.4 million settlement against Motiva for an explosion caused by a corroded tank leaking hydrogen, which resulted in the death of a boilermaker. It remains one of the largest single-victim wrongful death recoveries in the U.S. (read about this case)
- $25 million verdict for the death of a physician as a result of medical negligence
- $15 million recovery for the family of a woman who died of hospital negligence
- $7 million settlement for the death of a woman during the delivery of her twin babies
- $7 million recovery for a wrongful death in New Jersey caused by an auto defect (read about this case)
- $5.5 million settlement for a woman who died as a result of the failure to diagnose cervical cancer
- $4.5 million settlement for the family of a woman who died from medical negligence
- $4.5 million settlement for the family of a little boy who died as a result of medical negligence
Whether your family has suffered a death as a result of medical malpractice or a car accident, you have rights. Can you get compensation for your loss and damages? Pick up the phone to reach someone with experience. If you need a wrongful death attorney, Philadelphia's leading personal injury law firm is there to help.
An experienced Philadelphia wrongful death attorney at Ross Feller Casey may be able to file a wrongful death claim even if the death occurred some time ago, but your time might be running out.
Please contact the Philadelphia wrongful death lawyers at Ross Feller Casey immediately. The firm offers a free case evaluation to discuss family concerns regarding wrongful death lawsuits in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Ross Feller Casey handles all Philadelphia wrongful death lawsuits on a contingency basis, so you will never pay anything unless there is a financial recovery made in your case.