Over the past two years alone, Ross Feller Casey has recovered more than $400 million on behalf of its individual clients, including the largest hospital malpractice verdict in Pennsylvania for all of 2016.
Recent studies show that incidents of hospital negligence and doctor malpractice are staggering in number. As many as 440,000 Americans are dying each year due to preventable medical mistakes, making this problem the third leading cause of death behind heart disease and cancer.
Doctors are not the only medical professionals who are liable for their mistakes; hospitals themselves can be found liable for negligence that causes patients harm. Some examples of hospital negligence include:
- Incompetent care provided by employees like paramedics, nurses, and medical technicians
- The failure to make sure hospital staff has required education, training and licenses
- Not making sure that non-employees working in the hospital, such as independent contractors, have the proper credentials. An attending physician is an example of an independent contractor working at a hospital
- Not maintaining proper patient records, or losing them
Perhaps someone you know has been a victim of some sort of medical negligence, and you are wondering what your best course of action is, or if you even have a potential lawsuit. Navigating the waters of the legal and medical systems can be intimidating, and because of the complexities of malpractice cases, you need an experienced team of medical malpractice attorneys – with a proven track record – to help you determine your next steps. You need a team who possesses the medical knowledge and legal expertise to support you and your case.
Philadelphia’s Ross Feller Casey is that team.
With nationally recognized physicians on staff, one of whom is also an attorney, Ross Feller Casey has the medical knowledge to understand and litigate hospital negligence cases. Our doctors have decades of combined experience in fields such as internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, and transplant and trauma surgery. They are Ivy League educated, have practiced at some of the most prestigious medical institutions in the US, and they bring their experience to every client’s case.
Ross Feller Casey also has a track record that speaks for itself. The team of attorneys and doctors has won some of the biggest recoveries in the industry, with over 30 eight-figure verdicts and settlements in medical malpractice cases, and a recovery of more than $400 million for its clients in the last two years alone. Some of the many negligence cases include:
- $44.1 million verdict for a woman who suffered a brain injury. It was the largest medical malpractice verdict in Pennsylvania for 2016
- $23.1 million verdict for a 55-year-old woman who lost both legs
- $22 million verdict for a woman who suffered cardiac arrest, loss of oxygen, and ultimately brain damage as a result of having to wait for a blood transfusion during child birth.
- $6 million verdict for the parents of a teenage girl undergoing a routine tonsillectomy, who was left unmonitored after being given the narcotic Fentanyl, which caused respiratory arrest, hypoxic brain injury, and 15 days later, death.
These recoveries for patients and their families are just a few of a long list of hospital malpractice cases won by Ross Feller Casey.
Are you wondering: How do I find a hospital malpractice lawyer near me?
If you or your loved one has suffered due to a hospital’s negligence, contact Ross Feller Casey today. One of our attorneys in Philadelphia will provide a free evaluation to help you determine if you have a case and how to proceed. Our team will work with you on a contingency basis, which means there is no cost to you until there is a financial recovery in your case.