Scott Vezina concentrates his practice on representing individuals who have suffered catastrophic brain or spinal cord injuries caused by medical negligence and product defects.
He has successfully litigated numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements against obstetricians, pediatricians, hospitals, and other health care providers. Vezina is a licensed pilot who also represents victims of aviation accidents and other complex products liability cases.
Vezina’s results as co-lead counsel include:
• $78.5 million verdict in a Philadelphia cerebral palsy case
• $30.5 million verdict in a Georgia cerebral palsy case
• $20 million settlement for an Altoona, Pa. kernicterus case causing cerebral palsy
• $17.5 million settlement during trial in a cerebral palsy case
• $16.05 million settlement of a Massachusetts neonatal brain injury case
• $16 million settlement of a cerebral palsy case arising in Philadelphia, Pa.
• $15 million settlement of a cerebral palsy case arising in Delaware County, Pennsylvania
• $12 million settlement during jury deliberations of a Central Pennsylvania cerebral palsy case
• $11.8 million settlement of a central Florida cerebral palsy case
• $10 million settlement in an Arizona cerebral palsy case
• Significant confidential settlement in the crash of a Cessna 421 in Marsh Harbor, Bahamas, which claimed the lives of recording artist Aaliyah Haughton and eight others on board
• Significant confidential settlement in the crash of a Cessna 210 in Mendoza, Argentina
• Significant confidential settlement in the crash of a Cessna 421 Golden Eagle in Hammond, Louisiana
Before becoming a plaintiff’s attorney, Vezina represented some of the country’s largest medical malpractice insurers, hospital chains, physician groups, and medical device companies.
His peers recognize him as a formidable litigator, and he holds an “AV” Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest ranking available by the international legal guide.
Most recently, Vezina was a partner at Feldman Shepherd in Philadelphia. From 1997 to 2004, Vezina served as Special Assistant Attorney General for Louisiana. He also served as an adjunct professor in Torts at Regent University School of Law in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and St. Thomas University School of Law in Miami, Florida.
Vezina is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania, Missouri, Texas, Florida, Louisiana, the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits and the U.S. Tax Court. He has also handled cases on a pro hac vice basis in New Jersey, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Arizona, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Illinois, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, and California.
After graduating from Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, he received an LL.M. from Regent University School of Law. He earned his B.S. with distinction from Holy Cross.