He joined Ross Feller Casey after 18 years at his own firm where he aggressively represented clients in courts across Pennsylvania and New Jersey as well as in federal district courts. During his career, Colleran has distinguished himself by winning large verdicts in difficult venues not traditionally known for such results.
As a lead trial attorney, Colleran has built an impressive record of success, obtaining numerous multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlement on behalf of his clients.
The list includes:
- A $6.8 million recovery in a New Jersey birth injury case involving cerebral palsy and the failure to timely deliver a baby. The result was the largest medical malpractice settlement in the entire state for 2017, according to TopVerdict.com.
- A $4 million verdict in Atlantic County, N.J. involving a woman who severely injured her ankle during a slip-and-fall.
- A $3.5 million verdict in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania on behalf of a widow whose husband was crushed to death while beneath a truck performing repairs.
- A $3 million recovery in Schuylkill County, Pa. for the failure to timely diagnose a spinal abscess.
- A $2.5 million recovery in Columbia County, Pa. on behalf of a widow whose husband died due to the failure of a pathologist to diagnose melanoma following a biopsy.
Colleran, as co-counsel, also won a $7.5 million verdict in Philadelphia for a teenager who lost his lower leg after a failure to timely diagnose compartment syndrome.
Colleran graduated from the Villanova University School of Law in 1999 before serving as a clerk for the Honorable John P. Fullam, a federal judge in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Colleran is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and is a member of several professional organizations, including the Philadelphia Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice.